"The Misfits"

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Beanpie – Volume 16 Episode 1: Invitation & Preperation


Written by Shaun Bolden

Opening Scene: Beanpie is listening to music and prepping for the next day when he hears a knock at the door.

Shaun: You have a letter that you need to sign for.
Beanpie: Oh really now.

*Beanpie signs for the letter

Beanpie: Who could this be from?
Shaun: I don’t know. I just deliver the mail.

*Beanpie opens the letter, and it reads:

Dear Beanpie,
You have been selected to participate in this year’s “New-Seller’s” Convention. You and up to 4 other guests have been added to the list. Please arrive this Saturday at the Convention Hall at 10AM for registration. The convention will begin at 12PM. Hope to see you there.

Beanpie: Ice Juicy, I just got an invite to the “New-Seller’s” Convention.
Shaun: Randolph, should I be happy?
Beanpie: I have to tell Lisa and Tony about this. I only have 3 days to get ready.
Shaun: So I assume you are not going downtown today.
Beanpie: No time. This could be my big break govy!
Shaun: Whatever. Take it easy.

Scene 2: Beanpie is on the computer typing a list of things that he needs when Tailgate enters the room.

Tailgate: Hey, why have you been so hyped lately?
Beanpie: I have to get ready for this convention on Saturday.
Tailgate: They are having the League of Idiots Convention this Saturday?
Beanpie: Listen brov, I would love to sit here and speak to you in your native language of nonsense, but I have things I need to do.
Tailgate: Whatever, I know you need to hurry up and get off of the computer soon.
Beanpie: Hey mate, what are you doing this Saturday?
Tailgate: I know what I’m not doing, and that’s helping you.
Beanpie: C’mon brov, all I need is an extra pair of hands at the show.
Tailgate: Ha, well you’d better ask another person because I’m not doing it.
Beanpie: I will make it worth your while.
Tailgate: That is the first smart thing I’ve heard you say. Keep going.
Beanpie: I will pay you to lend me a hand.
Tailgate: You’d better make sure you come through with that money.

Scene 3: Beanpie heads out to Mr. Hank’s store.

Beanpie: Hey Mr. Hank, guess what? I got invited to the convention!
Hank: You don’t say? That’s good Bean Paste.
Beanpie: So I have to get ready and have everything set to go by Saturday. Is there anything that I need to know?
Hank: The only thing I would suggest to you is that you don’t get overwhelmed, stay cool, and make as many connections as possible. It’s not so much about selling, it is more about getting in with the right people.
Beanpie: I will remember that. Thanks for your words. I have what I need, I must get going now.
Hank: Enjoy yourself.

*Beanpie is on his way home when he runs into Tony

Tony: What happened to you today?
Beanpie: What do you mean?
Tony: I thought I was supposed to meet you so we could go downtown.
Beanpie: Oh man. I forgot about that. I, I mean we got invited to a Seller’s Convention this Saturday, so no work for the rest of the week. Just meet me on Saturday morning, okay?
Tony: That’s fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment