"The Misfits"

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Music Hits The Spot Series (What's On My Mind) By: Donald Mitchell


This is something that I'm gonna be doing weekly. A post dedicated to what's on my mind at that time, while using music to illustrate the point.

Last night, I was watching "Intervention" (which is a good show BTW), and Robby from City High was on there. He was having a serious alcohol problem, and his family/friends were trying to get him to participate in an alcohol abuse substance program. Anywho, his girlfriend/mother of his daughter was telling him how much she loved him, and that she couldn't stand to see him like this anymore. Well a friend and I got into a discussion as to what "love" is vs. settling/subjecting yourself to unhealthy relationships, etc. Well as we talked more and more about it and subjects relating to it, this song came into my mind.



Rachelle Ferrell and Will Downing...I mean, I could end the post right here. This song is very powerful, from the first note she sings, til the end when they are damn near professing their love for each other. She sings with such raw power in her voice, and of course, what better person to compliment her than the ultimate crooner himself. I don't think that this song would have been half as good if it wasn't those two singing it. Maybe I'm bias....but hey, shoot me if you think so. Lol

I think this is a perfect example of what love is. She says that even though she's not perfect, but she hopes that he accepts her in spite of her flaws. He returns by saying that she is the perfect person FOR HIM, which is what I think that is what true love is. Someone who loves you in spite of what you think may be a dealbreaker to that person in a relationship. And when you can accept that person for what they are, then nothing else matters in life.
Nothing has ever felt this good
Nothing has ever felt this right
Nothing so sweet
in my life.


Her: I really love you.
Him: I love my life with you
Both: We'll share a life together
I love you for now and forever.


Hey...one day, I'll be there. And when I do, nothing will ever be so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment