"The Misfits"

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Music Hits The Spot Series (The Last Time) - By: Donald Mitchell


Today's post is inspired by a trending topic on Twitter I recently participated in (which is funny cause I usually don't participate in those things): best feeling. Actually it's both best and worst, but I like to not think about the worst feeling, cause Lord knows I've been through a few of those lately, so I'm writing about the best feeling. As I was participating in the trending topic, this song popped into my mind, simply because the majority of my tweets were about romantic things involving someone of the opposite sex.

How many folks have ever hoped that the person that you're currently dating would be "it"? The last one. The last time for just about everything involved in dating. I think that Eric Benet hit the nail on the head on this one.

"Now don't hold back, just let me know
Could I be moving much too fast, or way too slow.
Cause all of my life, I've waited for this day,
To find that once in a lifetime,
this is it, I'll never be the same.
You'll never know, what it's taken me to say these words,
and now that I've said them, they could never be enough.
As far as I can see, there's only you, and only me.
This is the LAST TIME, I'll fall in love"


These are some really deep words right here, and said to the right person, I'm sure they would make all the world in your relationship. I dunno that I can say that right now, but I know that when I do, it's a wrap for the kid. I just hope that will be sooner than later. There are quite a few songs that could describe these feelings just the same, but to be honest, I'm sure we're all looking for "The Last Time".

No comments:

Post a Comment