"The Misfits"

Friday, December 18, 2009

Music Hits The Spot Series (Let It Snow!) - By: Donald Mitchell


Today's post is dedicated to the weather...since here in DC, we're supposed to get at least a foot and a half of snow tomorrow. Seriously, I don't see that happening, BUT in lieu of it coming during the Christmas season (thank you Jesus), today will be about those holiday songs that bring out the Merry Ho Ho in us all.









This is one of quite a few songs that tend to excite the young lad in me. Honestly, music in general does this, but being as though I'm out on my own now, it's songs like this that remind me of my youth. I believe that Christmas is a time that you spend with your loved ones, and a lot of these songs, I've been hearing since childhood. You'd think that I would get tired of hearing em, but one can never get tired of things that bring joy to your life. (pause...)

With that being said, here are some of my favorites:

N'Sync - O Holy Night: Yeah I know....but these white boys KILT this version!

Donny Hathaway - This Christmas: God rest his soul. Nobody ever since has been able to do an edition of this song like he did.

The Temptations - Silent Night: Christmas just ain't Christmas without them wailing this song out over the radio waves.

Vanessa Williams - What Child is This: I love this version because it's very soulful and chill. But then again, when have you ever really known V. Dubb to be extra krunk.

Whitney Houston - Who Would Imagine a King: This lady has PLENTY o' Christmas hits I coulda said...but this one just stands out as it describes the REAL reason for Christmas.

Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song: This is one of my FAVORITE Christmas songs...everytime this song comes on, I'm goin IN!

Alvin and the Chipmunks - Hula Hoop: If anything is indicative of one's childhood, this would be it.....old school video and all.

Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby: One of the sexiest songs ever sang about Kris Kringle. LOL.

Listening to these songs always put me in a good mood. What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment