"The Misfits"

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More than A Fabric Refresher!


Febreze
Written by: Sherryn Daniel


A gallon of air freshener is never enough. Why not get a ton? All my walks down Target’s cleaning supply section are devoted into finding these opaque blue canisters that illuminate by the florescent lights above me. I spend exactly $4.65 every two weeks, with or without coupons, to preserve my wardrobe of Guess jeans and Express sweaters from the unknown. I never squirt, but drench Febreze on my clothes, furniture, room, and even friends who frequent my home. I always choke, kill, and annihilate every odor particle.

I never wash my hands after I drench because I want this cold, burning liquid to penetrate into my skin. This aroma of bland flowers trickles up my nose and expands euphoric sensations inside my mouth. If I had a million dollars, I would install a shower portable that cleanses my entire body of Febreze.

This weekly investment will not only protect my clothes, but it swears to its’ consumer, me, that I will never smell spicey… like a dead, mutilated chicken swishing in thick globs of cinnamon, cardamom, and turmeric

Sparkly, Extinguishing, Promise.

Chicken Curry

Hundreds of deadened curry leaves swim into muddy liquid and clothe pieces of chicken legs, breasts, and thighs. The smell from mother’s steaming pot of chicken curry blazes my nostrils and singes my clothes with charred odors. She cuts her chicken into messy fourths and tosses them into the bubbly pot. My mother then puts her hair up in a loose bun and delicately places her Jasmine hair piece, that she made from her garden, alongside her hair, to perfume the odors combusting from her concoction...

To Read More About Febreze, Click the link Below:
http://etmmagazine.info/freeyourmind/2009/06/2009_06_febreze.html

No comments:

Post a Comment