"The Misfits"

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Devil's Imitation of the 'Stars'!


God vs. Astrology

Written by: ^Northernstar*

Astrology 1 archaic : astronomy 2: the divination of the supposed influences of the stars and planets on human affairs and terrestrial events by their positions and aspects

Many people are fascinated with astrology, whether they own several books about the stars and constellations or log on www.astrology.com to check their horoscopes and fun games daily. I’ll admit I am a believer of astrology and its meaning; however, I am not consistent with reading my horoscopes like my mother.

One day, my mother checked her Libra status on Yahoo! while talking to one of her girlfriends on the phone. “Girl, they said I would have a bad day… and if they aren’t right about that, my name ain’t Candy,” my mother laughed. “Candy, you don’t believe in that stuff, do you?” my mom’s friend asked. “Yeah, I do. I check this almost everyday and it’s always accurate,” my mother replied. “Well, it’s against God’s will and you being a Christian woman should know that,” her friend exclaimed. “Well, I haven’t read that in the Bible, so I don’t believe it,” my mother suggested.

After hearing that conversation, my mother and I wondered a few things: Is God really against astrology? If so, why did he create stars and what sets them apart from astrology? And can you really go to hell for reading horoscopes and believing in it?

To see if it's a sin, click the link below to read more:

http://etmmagazine.info/future/2009/06/2009_06_godvsastrology.html

No comments:

Post a Comment