"The Misfits"

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beanpie – Volume 15 Episode 1: And so it begins


Written by Shaun Bolden
Opening Scene: Monday and Beanpie and Tony are already downtown.
Beanpie: Hey mate, these free samples are going to put us on the map.
Tony: Why don’t you see if Mr. Hank will give a few out?
Beanpie: That’s a great idea mate. Let me go and ask him, and I’ll be right back.
*Beanpie goes inside to talk to Mr. Hank. While Tony is waiting there, a woman is walking her dog. The dog drags the woman back to the cart, and starts sniffing and scratching the cart.
Woman: Sorry about that, once my dog gets a scent of something he wants he has to have it. What exactly do you have in there?
Tony: Well, there is some dog food in there.
Woman: That must be it, what is it some run of the mill brand X dog food?
Tony: No, it’s actually a homemade organic dog food.
Woman: Really? That is all I give my dog. How much for a bag?
Tony: $10 for a 10 pound bag.
Woman: That is a great price for organic food.
*The woman gives Tony the money, takes the food and leaves.
Scene 2: Meanwhile Beanpie is inside talking to Mr. Hank about putting his samples inside of the store.
Beanpie: But Mr. Hank it would be a great help if you could just give these away.
Hank: I’m not too sure about a car wax Bean Pole.
Beanpie: It’s Beanpie, and this is a great wax. Just let me wax your car for you.
Hank: I rely on public transportation, not big on driving in this traffic. What else do you have on that cart?
Beanpie: Well besides this wax I have: Dog Food, Dishwashing Liquid, and some Tea.
Hank: Hmmm….did you say tea?
Beanpie: Yes I do have some all natural tea on my cart.
Hank: Let’s say you give me some of your tea, and I will leave it for my customers to buy. Whatever they spend on it I will give you half. I will keep it near the coffee I sell in the morning, I think it will give you a measure of how good your tea is.
Beanpie: That’s a great idea, thanks for this opportunity.
Hank: I didn’t always have this store you know. It pays to give others chances.
*Beanpie runs outside and grabs a box of his tea.
Beanpie: Here you go Mr. Hank. Again I want to thank you for this.
Hank: No problem, now let us see what others think of your tea.
Beanpie: You know Mr. Hank, I met your grandson this weekend.
Hank: You did? Well sorry that you met the pompous little runt.
Beanpie: Yeah, he said he wanted to sell the store.
Hank: Which is why he won’t be getting it. He thinks just because he’s “helping out” it will mean he is going to inherit this store. It just doesn’t work that way.
Beanpie I see what you mean, well take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment