"The Misfits"

Friday, August 21, 2009

Beanpie – Volume 14 Episode 2: First Sale



Written by Shaun Bolden
Scene 3: Beanpie is walking home and runs into Shaun as he is eating lunch.
Beanpie: Hey Ice Juicy, mind if I join you?
Shaun: Hey Randolph, go right ahead.
Beanpie: I got a new way to get the word out about my stuff.
Shaun: Oh yeah, what’s that?
Beanpie: I’m going to give samples out so people can try the products.
Shaun: I must say, that is actually a good idea.
Beanpie: Well, Lisa actually came up with it.
Shaun: Ah, that makes perfect sense.
Beanpie: How’ve you been?
Shaun: Actually things are going well. Iris got a new job. She hasn’t told me what it was, but I assume it pays well because she is moving out in 2 weeks.
Beanpie: That’s great, I thought you had a little thing for her though.
Shaun: Nah, we’re just friends. I was helping her out in her time of need.
Beanpie: Look at you Mr. Prince Charming.
Shaun: So what are you giving out samples of?
Beanpie: My car wax for now.
Shaun: That reminds me, can I buy a bottle from you?
Beanpie: Listen mate, you can get a free bottle.
Shaun: No, I insist on paying for this stuff. Gotta support the hustle you know? How much is it?
Beanpie: Seven bucks.
*Shaun gives Beanpie the money.
Beanpie: Thanks mate, I’ll bring it by your house later.
Shaun: I may be working a little late, so just leave it in front of my door.
Beanpie: Alright mate. Have a good one, I need to fill these bottles.
Scene 4: Tailgate and Jamie are in Jamie’s living room playing video games when Tony comes in.
Tony: Why don’t you two go outside and play in some dirt?
Jamie: Man, don’t you ever stop?
Tony: I’m like Chris and Neef, “Can’t stop, won’t stop”.
Tailgate: Yeah, just like Chris and Neef, no where to be found. So you should beat feet.
Tony: I’m not sure who is worse, you or your comedian of a brother. Every time I head out with him, he gets himself into something……and none of it has to do with selling his stuff.
Tailgate: First of all my brother is dead serious about selling his stuff, and you have no right to say a thing about him. Not only does he have some kind of aspiration in life, his ideas are good.
Tony(laughing): If you say so, he has yet to resemble any kind of success.
Tailgate: You’re just lucky you’re around him. He will be a success.
Tony: That statement is on the highly unlikely side.
*Tony brushes Tailgate off and heads back into his room.
Jamie: You really think Beanpie will sell his stuff?
Tailgate: Of course I do.
Jamie: Then why do you always ride him?
Tailgate: I don’t know, I guess it’s a brother thing. His stuff is good, and all he needs is a small chance. With his confidence, he doesn’t need anyone patting him on the back anyway.
Jamie: I guess you’re right, his ideas do make sense and they are pretty original.
Tailgate: But what doesn’t make sense is why you keep challenging me in this game, I am wearing you out!
*Jamie and Tailgate go back to playing their video game.
Scene 5: Beanpie is at Shaun’s house dropping the car wax off when Iris comes to the door.
Iris: Hey papi, your name is Beanpie, right?
Beanpie: Yes it is, I guess you must be Iris.
Iris: Si papi. Your lady Lisa is a great person to work with.
Beanpie: Oh, you work with Lisa?
Iris: No, not yet. But mira I will be soon, and I can’t wait.
Beanpie: Really? So what will you be doing there.
Iris: Just some office work.
Beanpie: I should have known. Here can you give this to Shaun when he gets home?
Iris: Sure thing papi. Tell Lisa I said hi, and I can’t wait to work with her.
Beanpie: Will do love. Have a good one.
Iris: You too papi.
Scene 6: Beanpie is in his room talking to Lisa.
Beanpie: So I hear Iris is working with you too now.
Lisa: Yeah, she starts Monday.
Beanpie: That’s great, so what is she going to be doing.
Lisa: Just some office work.
Beanpie: Man you are secretive.
Lisa: Not really, why would you say that?
Beanpie: Because you never told me what you do at your job.
Lisa: Oh if that’s all you want to know then I do office work.
Beanpie: And what company do you work for?
Lisa: Did you ever get those samples ready?
Beanpie: Yeah they are sitting ready for Monday. I’m excited about this. I actually made my first sale today. I sold a bottle of car wax to Ice Juicy.
Lisa: See this is a start, once you give the samples out, you will be on your way. I’m going to hop in the shower now.
Beanpie: Alright love, I’ll be here watching TV.
*Beanpie sits back and watches TV then begins to think.
Beanpie(to self): Wait a minute, Lisa never told me where she worked. I can’t believe she hit me with the Jedi mind trick again. Next time I ask I have to stay focused. Oh well, once these samples get out the sales will be pouring in. I can see it now, “Beanpie: The Ultimate Hustler”.

No comments:

Post a Comment