"The Misfits"

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

To Be or Not to Be… Obese


Written by: Richard Russw

During our school years we have always had the classes that we love (personally, if I could just go to English, Art, and lunch, then I would have made Honor Roll every term) along with the classes that we “dislike”, for lack of a better term. Physical Education Class was always, to me, a necessary evil. Even though I was never in front of the line when we ran the mile, or was always one of the last picked for volleyball, Physical Education Class has instilled some very important lessons in me that I take on daily life.

I think the lessons that you learn in Physical Education Class, whether it be in elementary, middle, or high school, are instrumental to the growth of any person, male or female, young or old. The same theories that go with teaching children things at a young age applies with things I have learned in Physical Education Class, because, in the long run, you can appreciate them and the impact they can have on your life. If you get children in the habit of making time for physical activity, it will not be a struggle for them to make time as adults to exercise because it will become routine. Physical Education Class can also help kids to realize potentials that maybe couldn’t have been noticed before in a different setting. For example, athletic abilities probably wouldn’t be able to flourish in Band class.

To read the full article, click the link below:

http://etmmagazine.info/wakeup/2009/07/2009_07_tobeornotobese.html

No comments:

Post a Comment