"The Misfits"

Friday, September 3, 2010

Success (By Donald Mitchell)


OK...first of all, I just want to say, that this has been a thought in my mind for some time now.

So with that said...what defines "success"? Is it defined by the way you look? Or is it defined by how much money you make? Could it even be defined by what your social status is? Or there are those who think of success as if you achieved what you set out to do in life. Could it be that? What defines your meaning of success?

As for me, I'm one of those who is happy when what I set out to do gets accomplished. Prime example...there was a time when I wasn't happy with life....in general. I wasn't happy with my job, and because I wasn't happy with that, it started to affect the other aspects of my life. But I decided that I would make moves to change that...and with the help from God, I did just that. Hence why I chose the song that I did for today's post.

Now honestly, I wouldn't have expected a collabo between Trey Songz and Drake to be as hot as it is. But as always, a bangin beat would catch the attention when otherwise it would have gotten a real evil side eye when mentioned. It gives me a feel of the old school music that once attracted me to hip-hop in the first place. I could see this on the soundtrack of one of the hood gangsta movies that we used to watch back in the day.

Now I'm not really the biggest Drake fan (or even Trey Songz for that matter :-P), but I'm a big fan of this duo on this song. Who's to say that they can't do it again...I don't believe it, but as for right now, I'm content with saying that this is up there on my top list of favorite collaborations. Drake brings a flow to this song that I believe is a personal testimony of sorts, which makes this song that much more likeable.

Yeah, I want things to go my way
But as of late, alot of shit been going sideways


Who's to say that you haven't had this type of day...or month...or even year. I know 2009 wasn't the best for me, but at this point, '10 is definitely becoming more memorable than '09 was.

I want the money...money and the cars.
Cars and the clothes....I suppose
I just wanna be....I just wanna be
SUCCESSFUL


Maybe you don't want that same exact thing that Drizzy and Trey want...but in the end, don't we all want the same result: to be successful?

I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment