"The Misfits"

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday (When You Say You Love Someone by Donald Mitchell)


How much do you really love that person? You say that you would go to the ends of the earth for them...and that's all well and dandy, but what happens when someone else catches your eye? You know your heart belongs to the person that you're with, but for some reason, this other person has caught your interest so tough, that you're in a dilemma. Donell Jones described how he would handle this situation.

I had a full blown discussion with a couple of people that I follow on Twitter about this topic. They said that this type of stuff can happen to anyone, no matter what the situation or how long they've been in a relationship. I tend to agree with them. You can't help who you fall in love with, and if you put yourself in their vicinity for long enough, you'll find yourself mixed up in an emotional battle that you weren't prepared for.




This sucks for a number of reasons: #1 being that the person that you're involved with has NO clue what's going on. They think that all is well in their life, when all along, they have no clue that the world that they know and love is about to come crashing down around them. #2 is because all the while, more than likely, you're about to lose something good because you allowed yourself to get caught up in the game. It's bad all the way around, but you got yourself into this situation....so it's up to you to get yourself out of it. There's plenty more reasons I could list, but we'd be here all day!

Now here's the kicker: I actually agree with the sentiment that he poses in this song. I'd rather you leave me alone, than to play me for the fool by juggling (or attempting to at least) a bunch of folks around while keeping me in the dark. So if you've got to roll out because of this, then I'll chuck you the deuces quick, fast, and in a hurry. It may hurt like hell, and we may not talk for quite some time, but in the end, I think I'd respect you more for ending what we have, than running around trying to hide it. I know this sounds strange, but it's the honest to God truth. I don't know if I can think of a single person who would say otherwise (at least truthfully). Think about it long and hard.

How do you feel about this topic? Readers...drop your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment