"The Misfits"

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Music Hits the Spot Series (Your Like A Mirror to My Soul By Donald Mitchell)

...but a queen
And finally now I know just what that means


I'm not sure why this particular song has been runnin TUFF in my mind over the past few days. I DO know that it's been on constant repeat in my brain (and on the iPod, and on YouTube as well), but eh, it is what it is.

For those of you who remember pudgy Usher singin "Just Call Me a Mack", here is the new and improved, grown up Usher. I attest a lot of this "maturity" to what he's been through in the past few years between relationship issues with Chilli, getting married and becoming a father, not to mention coming into his own as an artist. I also think that what he has endured enabled him to sing this song with such conviction that makes you believe that whomever he's singing this song to is "The One" for him.





Previously, I did a post on wedding songs, but I'd definitely add this one to my list. Only thing is that instead of him singin it, I'd sing it to my wife (yeah, betcha didn't know I could keep a tune...lol). Or if not that, this would definitely be the first dance song....cause this is the impression that I'd want to leave in her mind from the moment that I say "I Do".

No matter how far I go
And no matter how long it takes
No one or nothing can change
Forever yours here I stand

No comments:

Post a Comment