"The Misfits"

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

If You Don't Know...

My love is not to be taken for granted. I gave it to you freely and abundantly and you did not appreciate it…When it was there, you weren’t. Now that it’s gone, here you are. But, it’s too late. So, stop calling… stop writing… stop sending “friend requests”… we are not friends. You had your Chance. You choose Community Chess. Well, checkmate. It’s clear that this is not your game. Doesn’t matter. I’m no longer playing. I’m removing my gloves…I’m beginning to think that you never loved me. That all this time, you were a mirage created by my dehydrated heart. I was thirsty for love. Thirsting for a sip that would quench this need, but you merely teased me with a drop on my tongue…I don’t taste you no more. Don’t smell that scent that used to draw me in. Don’t hear that tone that cheered my soul. Don’t feel the way I used to feel… Don’t see why I wasted my time on you…

To read more of Lyrically Speaking, click the link below...

http://etmmagazine.info/Editorials/2009/04/2009_04_lyricallyspeaking8.html

No comments:

Post a Comment