"The Misfits"

Monday, March 9, 2009

Faggot: And I'm Not Talking About a Cigarrette

The Word “Fag”: It’s More Than A Cigarette
Written by: ^Northernstar*


Fag 1 n. 1. a. A student at a British public school who is required to perform menial tasks for a student in a higher class.b. A cigarette.c. To work to exhaustion; toil.d. Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man

It’s funny how a word that was created as a nickname for cigarettes has lost its original meaning. It has become a slur towards homosexual men that hurts just as much as a “punch in the chest”. Do you know what the word is? Of course you do. It’s the term “Faggot” or “Fag” for short.

“Fag” is no different than the word “Nigger” or “Bitch”, both of which were terms for ordinary things, but became tools for hurting others. What each of these words have in common—outside of being slurs—is that they each belong to different social groups. And the most disappointing part about it is that individuals in the social groups are starting to use the words against each other...

Click on the videos below to see Northernstar's editorials...


Part 1


Part 2

To read more from this article, click the link below...
http://www.etmmagazine.info/wakeup/2009/03/2009_03_faggot.html

1 comment:

  1. I had some difficulty setting up the google account. I posted a comment earlier. If it went through...this message will say basically the same thing...

    This moved me as I watched and listened. Especially when you described the unfortunate incident. I have thoughts like that all the time. It's a reality of being gay.
    However when I look at life and realize I have a chance to change and to teach so that my gay brothers and sisters may live in peace...it energizes me. Sometimes I need to calm myself down..(lol)...my energy level is always pretty high. I believe in what I do, and it's obvious that you do as well. I will tell some of my friends about this video. I am glad that you did it.
    I wish you continued success. You have reached me and let that serve as reason to keep at it.Don't stop!! Each one...reach one...teach one. God bless blackman

    p.s. I also like what you had to say about music and your opinion around that. That was real....you put a smile on my face....nice work

    ReplyDelete